Monday, March 26, 2007

My new favorite show

I have to say the Penn & Teller's show Bullshit! is my new favorite. I have watched it before, but I caught it on Friday night and just did not want it to end. For those of you who aren't familiar here is a synopsis form good 'ol wikipedia:

"The show aims to debunk an array of popular fads, pseudoscientific ideas, and misconceptions, sometimes supernatural in nature. It criticizes proponents of such things, often citing ulterior or financial motives. The stated aim of the show is to apply critical thinking to misconceptions, and as is indicated by the show's title, the program inherits Penn & Teller's characteristically blunt, aggressive presentation."(wikipedia).

Basically, it puts to bed some of myths that some, or most, of us have fallen for. These topics range from weight loss to religion. I guess I wouldn't care so much, but since I have a such big problem with people who "think" they are educated telling me what to do and think, this show is a big middle finger to them.

No comments: