Friday, March 30, 2007

Boring...

I have had a lot of developments in my life in the last 6 months. I got a nice raise at work, a new apartment, a new car, etc. I have my finances under control for really the first time in a long time, I'm not spending tons of cash on crap and I actually have a savings for the first time in my life. I figured if I got this stuff in order I would feel less stressed and a little more grounded. The problem is I don't. I came to the realization the other night that all I want to do is perform music. I have had this music bug up my ass since I was about 9 years old (almost 22 years...eeeek!) and I always seem to get in musical situations where I have no control (i.e. Body Thief, Sons of the City, etc.). So, today I set the goal for myself to create the band I always wanted to be in and make a cd - I set this goal at a year. Fun, I hope.

1 comment:

Angelo said...

For as long as we want to control our lives, stress will be an every day part of it.

Your blog post sounds like something Jack Black would say in the beginning of one of his movies. It is rather unfortunate that the media makes fun of goals that we have for ourselves. Just about everyone has a similar need to start a band, restore that car they had from high school, start a business, etc... Unfortunately for us, our goals require others to accept them either in popularity in rock band case, economic wealth in the business case or in performance and looks in the restored car case. It is that need to seek approval that keeps the stress there.

I've come to accept stress as part of the game of seeking acceptance from others. Call it finding pleasure from pain, but that's how I see it.