Monday, March 24, 2008

Checkin' In...

It has been a busy last couple of weeks to say the least. I took a trip out Denver, CO for some St. Paddy's Day madness. I, once again, took part in the doorfromhellradio.com Hooley-Cast broadcast live from the Irish Snug in Denver. There are links to the pics, the audio and everything else over there, just check it out already. The ride out from Cleveland to CO was long, but Karaoke Bob and me kept ourselves quite busy with a disc full of Karaoke tunes to sing too and my newly installed SIRIUS satellite radio. The ride back was another story - 4 states of rain, rain, rain...and it's still raining!
I finally got the first audio promo script for Podcamp Ohio completed and approved - I will cut it tomorrow night so that there is something out there peeps can throw in their podcasts to help promote this cool "unconference". I have a two more donut spots to write and record too...I wish I had more time to work on this stuff.
My boss decided to have her first child while I was in Denver, so no usual boss for the next 12 weeks...that will end being a double edged sword, I will keep everyone posted on that one.
My bands are doing 'OK'. I played with the cover band on Saturday night to a generally young, unresponsive crowd. At one point a guy asked when we were playing some "Metallica or Disturbed or Creed or..." I had no response for him at that moment - I should have just said "Ummm...never". The original band is getting together tonight for practice.
So that's the skinny...Fun!

No comments: